Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Friendship's End: A Poem From the Edge

After a far too long break between posts, I've decided to throw in the next installment of "Poems From the Edge." 


I'm assuming that, as my avid followers (right?), you've picked up on a bit of lady love between my friend Kristen and I. Our obsession with one another was unhealthy to the point where, our "break-up" haunted me for a long time to come. About a month into my Freshman year at a new high school, I was sitting at lunch with my two new best friends. I decided this was the perfect time to tell them that, no matter what, they would inevitably screw me over. Why they didn't just up and leave right then, I don't know. Thankfully, they stuck around and my Kristen-induced depression didn't last for much more than a couple years. 


The good news is, that it brought me this poem. Again, turned in for a grade. I got an A (despite my spelling error, knifes, much?) and nobody even checked my wrists. 





After some time had gone by, I decided to reach out to Kristen to let her know how miserable I was without her. I sent her an email wishing her and her boyfriend (the source of all our troubles) a happy anniversary. This began the following email chain, which I can tell you was completely exhausting and totally pointless. 






Girls are awful. Especially when they use all of the dramatics they learned from Dawson's Creek to craft an email. And when they're acting like they were getting divorced rather than cutting out a couple IMs and sleepovers. And when they say things like "I feel like a possession." Gag. 


Hey, 8th grade me, you're not that cool and neither was she. Get over it.


At least I finally learned how to become a whole person!

1 comment: