Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life in Modern Times (or 2001)

Whenever I started a new diary, I would always act like I was growing up somehow - which meant that I had to pretend I actually cared about things other than b-o-y-z. Sadly for my life, I never stuck to it. Happily for you, I never stuck to it.


If you've missed out on the joys of my 5th-8th grade years, or are just super confused by all of the name drops, here's a lovely little recap for you of where I was at the end of the 8th grade:






A few comments, if I may..

  • Yes, you are awkward, and you'll likely never change. Better get the awkward turtle move down early.
  • Um.. all you do is talk about yourself. And, I don't know if you noticed, but you still didn't talk about your "spirituality."
  • Apparently I thought my parents were kids in the 1860's. I mean, how could they relate when my issues were so much bigger than theirs. Come on, slavery? I've got a bus to catch! Presidential assassination? Matt dumped Rachel! 
  • I'm convinced that the overwhelming (or so I thought) pressure to exercise, exercise, exercise is the reason I never made it big in sports. Not to worry though, the bowling team suited me just fine.
  • 13 year old me would probably be bummed to know that her future self would consider having 11 people in my "close circle" quite the treat. At least I knew that I wasn't a loser and recognized that people can just be ridiculous in their adolescent years. (Not me, of course, though.. I clearly thought I was perfect.)
  • Yes, I know now that it's vice versa.
  • I couldn't count!! It was only 5 pages. Silly Kelsey, maybe you should write about your capacity for mathematics in your next entry. I'm sure it's going to be packed with riveting information that has nothing to do with boys.
My next entry? "Well, today was six months for me and Navid..."

Oh well, old habits die hard I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment