Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stealing Kisses

The tale of Jay and I can be summed up in one post, since for some reason I have been a slave to the LDR (that's long distance relationship, for those lucky bastards of you who have never been in one) over the years. While Akron to Solon may not seem long distance, for 14 year olds with no cars and different schools, we might as well have been on different planets.


Our romantic meeting:


This is weird. Did I steal this kid's first kiss? It doesn't seem like he was all that eager to "work out" with me. 


Turns out he likes me:




(Did you hear that? I'm perfect!)


Turns out I like him: 


"So after the movie, he calls his dad, and we sat on the bench waiting to be picked up, just talking and I loved every minute of it. He is just so fun to be around because we can be weird together. Navid always hated it when I was weird."


So after all of that preaching about how I could only be myself around Navid, it comes out now that I couldn't be weird around him? If I'm not being weird (especially then) I'm not quite sure who I was being.


My Valentine's Day punk mix (which I still have on my running playlist):




(Was #11 trying to tell me something?)


The doubts begin:




(Was anyone else confused about what Marital Status was back when we had AOL profiles? I always read it as Martial. Black belt, green belt? What does single mean anyway, you only have one?)


The break up:




We both seem pretty beat up over this. Do you like me? No. Cool, I don't like you either! See ya.. never (since we didn't anyway). Have a nice life!


And as far as I know, he is. JaYDoG, if you're reading this... thanks for the CD.



1 comment:

  1. HAHA. What does YE mean anyway? Also, I like how you explained your feelings by saying "sometimes yes, sometimes no"... you're great.

    ReplyDelete