Monday, August 27, 2012

Rock, Paper, Scissors

The bad thing about going to a private school a half hour from your house is that someone else is doing the same thing, in the exact opposite direction. Thomas and I were a "geographically challenged" couple, living over an hour away from each other.

This made our budding romance quite difficult during the summer months, when we had to rely on parents/siblings/friendswhogottheirlicensesearly to transport us to see one another. 

We had quite a few bumps along the way, but by mid-August, I thought we were in the clear. Until...



I thought I had done a good job of easing Thomas's fears and that come school's start in just 10 days, everything would be fine because we were in LOVE! (Nevermind the fact that I declared my love for him and got jealous about this Greg fellow in the same diary entry.)

But then I started having weird conversations with some of our friends who were giving me their condolences on our failed relationship.

Uh.. what? Is it possible that I got dumped and didn't know it?

YES. Please prepare to watch me self destruct in an AOL conversation. You'll also learn some fun facts along the way. 

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

















































My favorite parts of this conversation:
  • How I said everything three times. "I don't get it, I don't get it, I don't get it." "Say it, say it, say it." "I hate you, I hate you, I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • "But you went golfing with my dad."
  • How despite the fact that I was being told, repeatedly, that we were not together and would not be... I kept trying to convince him to change his mind. I suppose I didn't consider that NOT acting like a mental person might have done the trick.

So, what's a girl to do when she discovers she's surprise broken up with by the person who days earlier confessed their love? She spends the next 240 hours laying in the sun, applying self-tanning lotion, whitening her teeth and getting highlights so that she can be in top shape for the first hallway sighting on the first day of 10th grade. 

The result:

Gotta love the uniform polo, hemp necklace, and platform Doc Martens.

And, I'm happy to say, it worked! The first day of school was rough and I ended up quoting Avril Lavigne lyrics at the end of it, but a mere two days later..

"I was getting...



This just goes to show that you CAN convince someone that they want to be your boyfriend, even if they try not to be. 

Unfortunately, this win gave me a false sense of power later on down the road. I was able to convince someone breaking up with me not to... but it backfired when he didn't talk to me for 3 days while out of town and came back with the girl he had been living with in hand. 

NOW I know, if someone breaks up with you.. maybe, just maybe, you let 'em go. One of those "he's not that into you" type of things, I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment