Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It Says So On the Keychain

I know that a good number of people out there have been faced with the pressing question, "should I date this complete stranger, or not?" I'm here to tell you how to figure it out. 


First, begin with a note-passing session with your bestie (see earlier post on how to get one of these). It's likely that she doesn't actually care about your mindless 'should-I-or-shouldn't-I' babble, but she'll dish out some prime advice anyway.

Note: click to enlarge for reading




Well, it seems as though since we skimmed right over the really important stuff - like what song the red head freckled boy I had never spoken to would sing to me - she wasn't all that interested. Somehow I had still determined that I liked this boy, despite the fact that he had 'asked out' my other friend the day before and she shut him down. 

Still, the internal debate was intense. I next consulted another friend who had a much better method. A pros and cons list, of course! I highly advise this as a second method of decision making.



The funny thing about this list is the fact that I haven't changed. I would still put points 4 and 5 on my cons list. Apparently I didn't include those as "valid" reasons though since they weren't checked and factored into the final count. Somehow I also didn't count "gets mad at people often" and "can be annoying" but decided to leave in "nice."


Now wasn't this friend (the "Lindsay" I referenced in the earlier note) just a peach? She made this nice list for me and even summed it up for me at the end in one helpful sentence: "Pretty even if you ask me!"


Anyway, as I'm sure you can guess from my warped tallying abilities, I decided to say yes - even though he didn't sing. 


However, he did give me this little gem for our One Week Anniversary!


So, if you're considering dating a stranger, just make sure you think it through first. Go through the necessary steps and you will find true love (it says so on the keychain).


3 comments:

  1. This is the best blog I have ever read. My favorite part was you putting "balls" in quotes and then explaining it to girls unfamiliar with male genitalia (guts).

    Please keep posting. Preferably more frequently. I suggest daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting this as evidence to validate my teenage opinion of girls ("they are crazy"). Also, I had to read this three times to figure out that "no" means "know".. I'm an idiot

    ReplyDelete