Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fickley Honest

A couple days ago, a friend approached me with the concept of being 'Fickley Honest.' In essence, what this means, is that he can hit on anyone he wants - just as long as he feels the way he says he does at the time he says it. No worries that he might walk away and change his mind.


I think I had this concept down in the 6th grade, but in a slightly different fashion. 


One day, I was gathering with Robyn and our friend Nate to create never-ending lists about why Scott was a 'jerk-off' and the next I was gushing in my diary about my intense love for Scott and making my own lists about why he was destined to be my future husband. So fickle, but oh-so honest.





The only problem is (and what my pal from above hasn't realized yet) is that people find out about your fickiality. And Scott found out about the lists, which we apparently referred to as "The Bible." (No dramatics here.)






Bummer that Scott had to find out like that. And more of a bummer that I was giving myself life tips on how love works. I was also having creepily detailed dreams back then.

Anyway, this revelation that I was SO in love with Scott encouraged me to update my list a little bit. Still the truth, but with a different sentiment this time.



To this day, I still cry when I hear the name Scott. Honest.



3 comments:

  1. there are SO many amazing things about this post. i really love it when 5th graders ride around town in the z3s - so much so that i always feel the need to run up and hug them when they get out! HA! you were cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the way you write "Kelsey" looked the same then as it does now!

    ReplyDelete